51. What is tMap?
Answer :tMap is an advanced component, which integrates itself as plugin to Talend Studio. tMap transforms and routes data from single or multiple sources to single or multiple destinations. It allows you to define the tMap routing and transformation properties.
52. What is tDenormalizeSortedRow?
Answer :tDenormalizeSortedRow combines in a group all input sorted rows. Distinct values of the denormalized sorted row are joined with item separators. tDenormalizeSortedRow helps synthesizing sorted input flow to save memory.
53. Which Talend component is used for data transform using buitl in .NET classes?
Answer :tDotNETRow helps you facilitate data transform by utilizing custom or built-in .NET classes.
54. Default pattern of a Date column in Talend?
Answer :Date pattern for a column of type Date in a schema is “dd-MM-yyyy”.
55. What is the difference between Built -In and Repository?
Answer :Built-in : all information is stored locally in the Job. You can enter and edit all information manually.
Repository: all information is stored in the repository.
56. What do you understand by MDM in Talend?
Answer :Master data management, through which an organization builds and manages a single, consistent, accurate view of key enterprise data, has demonstrated substantial business value including improvements to operational efficiency, marketing effectiveness, strategic planning, and regulatory compliance. To date, however, MDM has been the privilege of a relatively small number of large, resource- rich organizations. Thwarted by the prohibitive costs of proprietary MDM software and the great difficulty of building and maintaining an in-house MDM solution, most organizations have had to forego MDM despite its clear value.
57. Can you use ASCII or Binary Transfer mode in SFTP?
Answer :No. Secure(or SSH) File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is not FTP. It was defined as an extension to SSH and assumes an underlying secure channel. There is no relationship between FTP and SFTP, so concepts such as “transfer mode’ or “current remote directory” that exist in FTP do not exist in SFTP.
58. What will you do if you want to include your own Java code in a Job
Answer :You can use any one of these methods:
1. Use a tJava, tJavaRow, or tJavaFlex component.
2. Create a routine by right – clicking Routines under Code in the Repository and then clicking Create routine
59. How to define a schema at run time?
Answer :You cant do that , schemas must be defined during design, not run time.
60. Built-In or Repository, Which is better?
Answer :It depends on the way you use the information is used. Use Built -In for information that you only use once or very rarely. Use Repository for information that you want to use repeatedly in multiple components or Jobs, such as a database connection.